Friday, May 30, 2014

Week 11 - Down With the Sickness

Another week has gone by and there have been some changes to the pregnancy. Remember how I said that morning sickness wasn't invited to this pregnancy? I may have been wrong about that. For the past few days, the slightest smells will initiate a LOUD gag reflex. Disgusting sights will also trigger them. My favorite is when the gags come from out of nowhere. They aren't triggered by anything obvious. It always makes my eyes shoot wide open as I glance toward Nikki, wondering if I should run for cover or not.

We still haven't figured out which particular foods trigger the sickness either.  It's either cause by eating too fast or eating one bite too many. It seems there may be only a specific volume that she can handle, or else it all comes back.

I started to clear out the room that will become the new nursery. It had previously served as our office. It also held all of my Portland Trail Blazer memorabilia. Largely, since our desktop computer died and went M.I.A., our office served as an extra storage closet. I went through and reorganized everything but there is still a lot of work to do.  We have a computer desk that we need to either donate, post for free on craigslist, or give to someone we know. Since desktop computers are becoming a thing of the past, this may be easier said than done. I've uncovered the old changing table, the parts to the crib and numerous pictures of our beautiful son!

We have one more week until we are out of the first trimester!  Next week, we are scheduled for another ultrasound, so hopefully the baby makes like big brother and cooperates with the camera. If so, I will be able to post pictures!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment