We have set our appointment to have our 20 week anatomy ultrasound. It will be at Emanuel Hospital. I've can remember the last time we did this with Hayden. I was the first one to see the male anatomy and I think it was the loudest I've ever screamed the word penis. We went into that ultrasound not caring what the gender would be.
This time we are a little more invested in the outcome. It could mean trying again for a girl or being done having kids. We haven't thoroughly discussed whether or not we'd want to have more after this. I know Nikki really wants a girl to dress up and play dolls with. Or maybe she just wants to watch me play with dolls. Above all, we just want the baby to be happy and healthy.
Nikki has thought a few times in the last week that she has felt the baby move, but she can't tell if it's just gas or not. It's been five years since she was last pregnant, but it may as well have been fifty years ago. Besides the traumatizing morning sickness and swollen ankles, there isn't much she remembers about being pregnant.
Don't know if I'll get a post in next week. I may just wait until after we find out the sex of the baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment